rachelannyes on Twitter

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Emergencies

I recently joined the emergency tutor list at 826 Valencia. They needed people they can call when tutors flake, I suppose. Or get sick...it is the month of fever. I also requested that they allow me to add them to my I-Have-An-Emergency-Need-to-Tutor list...now I can tutor after school whenever I really really need to help a kid with their homework or I'll d.i.e.

Yay!

Yesterday afternoon I helped out a fourth grader. On an emergency basis, apparently. The emergency had several components: fractions, a biography of Abe Lincoln, and a worksheet about tricky words (some homonyms, some just dead fake). All emergencies were successfully diffused, and then I got a little help from my tutoree looking for ideas for a crazy costume.

All is well in the world.

No comments: